Following many years of the same categories of salvage, with effect from the 1st October 2017 this is all due to change. Full details can be found on the link to the ABI’s website at the bottom of the page, and to summarise from this:
- Replacing previous salvage categories A, B, C and D with
- A: Scrap
- B: Break
- S: Structurally damaged repairable
- N: Non-structurally damaged repairable
- The scope of the code has been increased to include some guidance on motorcycles and quadricycles
- Minimum qualification requirements have been introduced for all individuals who categorise vehicle salvage.